Summer has finally arrived and we are excited to welcome our community back to campus! Tickets are required for those aged 12+ for our campus visiting hours, Thursdays – Sundays from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Click here for our calendar of upcoming events and programs.
Come ready for a day outdoors
Please come appropriately dressed for the weather and for an active day on the farm. This means closed-toed shoes, water and adequate sun protection. Lightweight pants are more suitable than shorts even on hot days. Reusable water bottles can be filled up in the Silo Lobby.
Chef in Residence Lunch Boxes
We are excited to offer a picnic-style Chef in Residence lunch box for two people 12 – 4pm Friday – Sunday. Reserve your box with your visit as we anticipate these will sell out quickly due to limited quantities. We are able to accommodate limited dietary restrictions; please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before your pick-up. In addition to picnic areas, there will be a tent available where you can enjoy your lunch. There are no lunch box refunds, and campus is open rain or shine.
Please note: The Blue Hill Café and Grain Bar remains closed.
All programming at the Center is rain or shine except during thunder, lightning and blizzards. To find out if a program has been cancelled due to inclement weather, please call (914) 366-6200 x131.
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy for all tickets. For a refund, please contact us 48 hours prior to your visit at email@example.com.
If you are interested in bringing a group to Stone Barns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitor Health and Safety
When visiting, we advise you to wear clothing appropriate for a day out on the farm. You may encounter uneven terrain, farm equipment and unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells. We encourage you to explore but ask you to respect our farmers’ work as well as our animals and crops by keeping a safe distance and staying on designated paths.
Please remember that many fences are electrified for our animals’ protection. Do not pet our animals. Whenever possible, and always before eating, clean your hands by washing and lathering vigorously for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. Wipes and sanitizers do not provide adequate protection. Children under 5, pregnant people, and individuals with heart disease or compromised immune systems should exercise caution while visiting any farm.
Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted in any growing areas; this includes the Field, Pastures, Barnyard, and Greenhouse. Please note: you may not have a dog with you if you plan on participating in programming.
Visitors are welcome to bike to the Center, but bike riding is not permitted on the grounds of Stone Barns Center or on the Rockefeller State Park Preserve trails. Please leave and lock your bike at the rack by the gatehouse entrance.
Upon entering the property, you grant to Stone Barns Center and its employees, agents and assigns the right to photograph you and your dependent(s) for use in Stone Barns Center print, electronic, and digital media and publications. Visitors are welcome to take photographs of Stone Barns Center for their own personal use and we encourage you to share your photos and tag us @StoneBarns on Instagram!
Drone photography or filming is never permitted without the express written consent of Stone Barns Center.
Professional photography shoots (personal, engagement, wedding etc.) are not allowed at Stone Barns Center. We are able to consider commercial photo shoots, please email email@example.com with details of your inquiry.
Stone Barns Center is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is also not permitted in the Rockefeller State Park.
For GPS Directions
Enter address as 630 Bedford Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591
See below for more detailed directions.
630 Bedford Road
Pocantico Hills, NY 10591 (if using a GPS enter Tarrytown, NY 10591)
10:00 am-5:00 pm
Driving – from points South
- Take 87 North (New York State Thruway) to Saw Mill River Parkway North to Exit 23, Eastview.
- At the light make a left.
- At the stop sign, make a right onto Lake Road.
- Lake Road will merge onto Route 448. Continue for approximately 0.8 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
Driving – from points North
- Take Saw Mill River Parkway South to Exit 23, Saw Mill River Road/Eastview.
- At the light, turn right.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto Lake Road.
- Continue straight onto Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 0.7 miles.
- Entrance will be on the left.
Driving – from points North
- Take the Taconic to the Route 100 exit (Millwood), then go south on 100/117 to Route 448
- Continue on Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 1.7 miles. Entrance on the right.
Driving – from points East
- Take I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway) West. I-287 will merge with I-87 (New York State Thruway).
- Take I-87 North to Exit 9, Tarrytown. This is the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- At the end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 119.
- Take Route 119 to the end.
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 9.
- Take Route 9 North through the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow approximately 1.7 miles.
- Make a right onto Route 448/Bedford Road.
- Follow up hill and make a left at the stop sign, continuing on Route 448.
- Continue approximately 0.5 miles. Entrance will be on the left.
Driving – from points West
- Take Tappan Zee Bridge East to Exit 9, Route 9. The exit is immediately after the toll plaza.
- Proceed to the end of the ramp and turn right onto Route 9 North.
- Continue with directions from “points East,” via Route 9 North above.
Take a Bee-Line Bus to Route 117 @ Route 9A (Bus Stop ID: 3385), and follow Google Maps walking directions from there. It will be a 30-40 minute hike to reach the Center. For scheduling, and additional bus information, use Google Maps Transit Search or visit www.transportation.westchestergov.com/bee-line/.