Thank you for visiting Stone Barns Center! Our campus is open Wednesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm. During Summer, $20 Day Passes are required on Saturdays and Sundays and can be purchased at the gatehouse. Stone Barns members may always park one vehicle on campus for free. All experiences require advance reservations except breakfast and day passes.
View a map of Stone Barns Center, explore story maps for self-guided tours, and locate our animals.
Preparing for Your Visit
Come ready for a day outdoors – Please come appropriately dressed for the weather and for an active day on the farm. This means closed-toed shoes, water, and adequate sun protection. Lightweight pants are more suitable than shorts even on hot days. Reusable water bottles can be filled up in the Silo Lobby.
Children are welcome – The majority of our programming is designed with adults in mind; we leave it to your discretion to decide if your child will engage with our activities. Young adults 12 and up must purchase a ticket to participate, and anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult guardian. We offer several downloadable activity sheets for children that you may print prior to your visit.
Accessibility – We strive to ensure that the Stone Barns Center campus and its buildings are accessible. However, due to the farm’s naturally varied topography, portions of the historic landscape may be inaccessible. The Cafeteria has wheelchair accessible seating. The restroom in the Silo Lobby is wheelchair accessible. For additional questions or assistance with visit planning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weather – All programming at the Center is rain or shine except during thunder, lightning, and blizzards. To find out if a program has been canceled due to inclement weather, please email email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy – Programs and tickets are non-refundable. For any questions, or if you need to reschedule a booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Visits – If you are interested in bringing a group to Stone Barns, please email email@example.com.
Visit through your local library! – Complimentary day passes are available at checkout at these local libraries.
VISITOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
COVID-19 – All guests five years and older are recommended to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All Blue Hill and Stone Barns Center staff adhere to these guidelines. Masks are not required on Stone Barns Center’s campus, however we welcome the optional use of masks both indoors and outdoors. Unvaccinated individuals and visitors who have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past ten days must wear a mask while on Stone Barns Center’s campus. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay home and monitor your health.
Farm Safety – When visiting, we advise you to wear clothing appropriate for a day out on the farm. You may encounter uneven terrain; farm equipment; and unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells. We encourage you to explore but ask you to respect our farmers’ work as well as our animals and crops by keeping a safe distance and staying on designated paths.
Please remember that many fences are electrified for our animals’ protection. Do not pet our animals. Whenever possible, and always before eating, clean your hands by washing and lathering vigorously for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. Wipes and sanitizers do not provide adequate protection. Children under 5, pregnant people, and individuals with heart disease or compromised immune systems should exercise caution while visiting any farm.
Dogs – Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted inside the Cafeteria, or in any growing areas; this includes the Field, Pastures, Barnyard, and Greenhouse. Please note: you may not have a dog with you if you plan on participating in programming.
Bikes – Visitors are welcome to bike to the Center, but bike riding is not permitted on the grounds of Stone Barns Center or on the Rockefeller State Park Preserve trails. Please leave and lock your bike at the rack by the gatehouse entrance.
Photography – Upon entering the property, you grant to Stone Barns Center and its employees, agents and assignees the right to photograph you and your dependent(s) for use in Stone Barns Center print, electronic, and digital publications. Visitors are welcome to take photographs of Stone Barns Center for their own personal noncommercial use, and we encourage you to share your photos and tag us @stonebarns on Instagram! Please have in mind that Stone Barns Center often features the creative works of others, and this limited consent does not extend to works not owned by us.
If you are a commercial producer interested in professional photography or videography, please view our full guidelines.
Smoking – Stone Barns Center is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is also not permitted in the Rockefeller State Park.
For GPS Directions
Enter address as 630 Bedford Road, Tarrytown, NY 10591
See below for more detailed directions.
Driving from points South
1. Take 87 North (New York State Thruway) to Saw Mill River Parkway North to Exit 23, Eastview.
2. At the light make a left.
3. At the stop sign, make a right onto Lake Road.
4. Lake Road will merge onto Route 448. Continue for approximately 0.8 miles.
5. Entrance will be on the left.
Driving from points North
1. Take Saw Mill River Parkway South to Exit 23, Saw Mill River Road/Eastview.
2. At the light, turn right.
3. At the stop sign, turn right onto Lake Road.
4. Continue straight onto Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 0.7 miles.
5. Entrance will be on the left.
Driving from points North
1. Take the Taconic to the Route 100 exit (Millwood), then go south on 100/117 to Route 448
2. Continue on Route 448/Bedford Road approximately 1.7 miles. Entrance on the right.
Driving from points East
1. Take I-287 (Cross Westchester Expressway) West. I-287 will merge with I-87 (New York State Thruway).
2. Take I-87 North to Exit 9, Tarrytown. This is the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge.
3. At the end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 119.
4. Take Route 119 to the end.
5. Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 9.
6. Take Route 9 North through the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow approximately 1.7 miles.
7. Make a right onto Route 448/Bedford Road.
8. Follow up hill and make a left at the stop sign, continuing on Route 448.
9. Continue approximately 0.5 miles. Entrance will be on the left.
Driving from points West
1. Take Tappan Zee Bridge East to Exit 9, Route 9. The exit is immediately after the toll plaza.
2. Proceed to the end of the ramp and turn right onto Route 9 North.
3. Continue with directions from “points East,” via Route 9 North above.
By Train – Take the Metro-North Hudson line to Tarrytown. For scheduling and additional train information, visit www.mta.info. Taxis and ride shares are usually available at the Tarrytown train station.
By Bus – Take a Bee-Line Bus to Route 9A @ Route 117, and follow Google Maps walking directions from there. It will be a 30-40 minute hike to reach the Center. For scheduling, and additional bus information, use Google Maps Transit Search or visit www.transportation.westchestergov.com/bee-line/.